The Scientific Technical Writer works on a diverse mix of assignments for biotech, life science and biopharma brands in a high-energy, collaborative environment. This person will bring creativity that will appeal to our target audience through print, digital and social mediums. The Scientific Technical Writer will handle the ideation and creation of compelling content including blog posts, bylines, whitepapers, infographics, video scripts, case studies, mechanism of action, website content, and brochures. They are responsible for adding value by actively engaging customers/stakeholders and maintaining a cohesive brand voice. Additional tasks handled by the Scientific Technical Writer may include analyzing marketing metrics and collaborating across departments in order to execute brand initiatives.
The Scientific Technical Writer should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. They should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Success in this role will be dependent on the candidate’s ability to multitask, manage stakeholders and develop creative, high-quality marketing assets while keeping to deadlines.
This position reports directly to the SVP of Client Services.
- Assists in determining a project's overall content requirements and strategy
- Proofread content through the lifecycle of the project and edit content produced by other members of the team
- Performs research and properly communicates information from life science publications and/or medical references
- Maintains appropriate tone, adhering to clients’ style guide while checking for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style
- Work with Client Services and Creative team members to help set guidelines for the editorial tone, style and voice of the content including creating innovative content ideas
- Maintains a high standard in the presentation of all work to internal and client audiences
- Help create thought leadership content, including but not limited to: Blog posts, bylines, whitepapers, infographics, video scripts, case studies, mechanism of action, website content, brochures, etc.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others
- Highly creative with good written and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure, while managing multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
- Adept at managing large volumes of projects quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert level attention to detail is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Biology, or life sciences-related field is required
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing, and web analytics
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- 2-5 years of copywriting, agency and life science writing experience