The Content & Creative Writer works on a diverse mix of assignments for biotech, life science and biopharma brands in a high-energy, collaborative environment. This person will bring creativity that will appeal to our target audience through print, digital and social mediums. The Content & Creative Writer will handle the ideation and creation of compelling content including Website copywriting, ad copy, headline writing, social media content, brand strategy, creative concepting, video scripts. The Content & Creative Writer is responsible for adding value by actively engaging customers/stakeholders and maintaining a cohesive brand voice. Additional tasks may include analyzing marketing metrics and collaborating across departments in order to execute brand initiatives.
The Content & Creative Writer should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. They should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Success in this role will be dependent on the candidate’s ability to multitask, manage stakeholders and develop creative, high-quality marketing assets while keeping to deadlines.
This position reports directly to the SVP of Client Services.
- Assists in determining a project's overall content requirements and strategy
- Writes and edits copy throughout the lifecycle of each project
- Help create thought leadership content, including but not limited to: Website copywriting, ad copy, headline writing, social media content, brand strategy, creative concepting, video scripts
- Performs research and properly communicates information from life science publications and/or medical references
- Maintains appropriate tone, adhering to clients’ style guide while checking for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style
- Work with Client Services and Creative team members to help set guidelines for the editorial tone, style and voice of the content including creating innovative content ideas
- Maintains a high standard in the presentation of all work to internal and client audiences
- Actively manage and promote the HDMZ blog, and pitch an article to relevant third-party platforms as appropriate
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others
- Highly creative with good written and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure, while managing multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
- Adept at managing large volumes of projects quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert level attention to detail is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field is required
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing, and web analytics
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- 2-5 years of copywriting, agency and life science writing experience