The Public Relations, Account Executive position requires the committed expertise of a talented and passionate team member in media and influencer relations. The person in this position is responsible for handling day-to-day account needs, while demonstrating forward-thinking, sound judgment and decision-making skills, and providing proactive counsel and direction in all facets of public relations, especially media relations.
This position reports directly to the Director of Public Relations, and the group’s managing editor.
- Demonstrates a passion for media relations, along with a proven history of success.
- Represents the agency's clients to the press and public by fielding responses to all media-related inquiries. Also, maintains a database of media relations contacts.
- Plans and implements clients' public relations strategies, policies and procedures.
- Effectively reviews and interprets scientific material into communications strategies and tactics that resonate with specific audiences, including scientists, C-suite executives of medical and healthcare organizations, and consumers, among others.
- Effectively and persuasively presents scientific information to senior internal agency staff and to external clients.
- Creates/maintains strong relationships with key scientific/medical media, both regionally and nationally.
- Advises on the preparation and presentation of product or service information at trade shows, displays and exhibits.
- Assists and coaches clients' staff in preparation of speaking engagements, presentations and media interviews.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the biopharma/bioscience public relations sector — agency experience a plus.
- Proven ability to interpret complex scientific content and translate this understanding for multiple lay, scientific, patient, and investor audiences.
- Demonstrated national media pitching experience — life science media preferred.
- Proven ability to manage long-term client accounts.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Naturally curious and motivated to learn new things, innovate and grow.
- Able to collaborate across disciplines and levels.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an exceptional problem solver.
- Drive for exceptional performance from self, as well as others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in biology, journalism, communications, or related.