As an intern, you will be immersed in the agency’s work, learning the ground-level, day-to-day operations needed to begin a career in advertising. The program is designed to expose the selected intern to all aspects of agency life and provides the opportunity to explore your strengths by collaborating with smart professionals across all roles at HDMZ. You supply the intelligence, talent, and creativity – we’ll take care of the rest.
This is the ideal job for an ambitious recent college graduate who desires experience in the advertising industry, looking for a foot in the door to earn a possible full-time position.
- Attention to detail
- Resourceful, “can do” attitude
- Superior organization skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Not afraid of responsibility or unglamorous, intern-y tasks
- Support the development of concepts for print and interactive advertising, collateral, sales promotion and other communications needs.
- Work closely with the Creative Director/Project Managers to ensure the usefulness, usability, consistency, brand relevance, and functionality of the finished product.
- Adhere to schedules and budgets.
The Creative Intern needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities including:
- An understanding of creative design and layout
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat
- The ability to build creative and unique ideas
- The flexibility to adapt your ideas to suit client expectations
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- An awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Advertising is preferred.
- Experience in an agency setting preferred.
- Must possess exceptional computer skills. MAC operating platform a must. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required, Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- A track record of inventive and compelling design work.