The Webmaster’s primary responsibility is to maintain the functional, visual, and editorial integrity of our clients' websites. Daily tasks will require communicating with HDMZ client contacts, our Client Services department, and our Production team.
- Answer, route and manage all maintenance requests, all billed on Time & Materials.
- Being prepared to address technical and non-technical matters on all client websites in the event of an emergency
- Being available for rotating “on-call” nights and weekends for urgent requests
- Being proactive about researching and learning new technologies; documenting and sharing these learnings within the department and across the company
- Helping clients understand traffic performance for their website by analyzing data, building custom reports and identifying opportunities to improve clients’ communications outreach
- Remain fluent in the use of the HDMZ technology platforms, different CMS systems and additional interactive technologies
- Communicate with internal and external teams to ensure expectations are set and all deliverables met on schedule and budget
- Ensure stringent quality control process for all deliverables
- Approve all maintenance request hours before the finance department generates client invoices
- Construct clear, concise, error-free communications, written and verbal, that include
- expectations, action requested and timeline
- outline the specifications of the client's to verify the work to be performed
- Completion of appropriate production tasks (content management and input, copywriting, HTML, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with all HDMZ global client base, and to be fluent in English language [written and verbal]
- Support the Production team requests, as needed
- Completion of appropriate production tasks (content management and input, copywriting, HTML, etc.), as requested by team members
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML design principles and standards in addition how to design for content management systems
- Experience with the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Ease in understanding and rapidly learning new concepts both in Internet, digital technology and the life sciences is essential
- Extensive knowledge of a broad spectrum of web technology components and solutions
- Knowledge of web analytics, SEO and website management tools.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of Web Content Management System (CMS)
- Strong website and production experience
- Outstanding client services skills
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with experience in communicating to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
- Self-motivated, independent and responsible
- Direct project management responsibility
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and projects, and meet tight deadlines