The Public Relations Senior Account Executive position requires the committed expertise of a talented and passionate team member in media relations. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and has an intense curiosity, a thirst for knowledge, a good grasp of the life sciences, and the skills to reach a variety of audiences.
The person in this position is responsible for handling day-to-day account needs, while demonstrating forward-thinking, sound judgment and decision-making skills, and providing proactive counsel and direction in all facets of public relations, especially media relations.
This position reports directly to the Director of Public Relations, and the group’s managing editor.
- Demonstrates a passion for media relations, along with a proven history of success.
- Represents the agency's clients to the press and public by fielding responses to all media-related inquiries.
- Assists with the development and leads the implementation of clients' public relations strategies, policies and procedures.
- Effectively reviews and interprets scientific material into communications strategies and tactics that resonate with specific audiences, including scientists, C-suite executives of medical and healthcare organizations, and consumers, among others.
- Understand scientific information related to clients and their competitors
- Creates/maintains strong relationships with key scientific/medical media, both regionally and nationally.
- Assists and coaches clients' staff in preparation of speaking engagements, presentations and media interviews.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of social media and the overall digital landscape, and knows how to incorporate them into our clients’ programs
- Works with the agency’s content and marketing/creative groups on special projects
- Responsible for compiling quarterly and annual PR reports for clients
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in the biopharma/bioscience public relations sector — agency experience a plus.
- Proven ability to interpret complex scientific content and translate this understanding for multiple lay, scientific, patient, and investor audiences.
- Demonstrated national media pitching experience — life science media preferred.
- Proven ability to manage long-term client accounts.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Naturally curious and motivated to learn new things, innovate and grow.
- Able to collaborate across disciplines and levels.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an exceptional problem solver.
- Drive for exceptional performance from self, as well as others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in biology, journalism, communications, or related.