The Junior Art Director is responsible for creating visual concepts in response to clients’ briefs and relaying them to the Creative Director. This work involves all media platforms, including
- Digital communications, websites, mobile apps and emails
- Marketing materials
- Press and print advertising
- Animation and video
- Logos and branding
The Junior Art Director needs to be a natural visual thinker, ready to expand on their skills and learn from senior art directors, in order to flourish. Often working with a copywriter to develop ideas and concepts, the job demands the confidence to creatively assert ideas and the passion to sell ideas to peers and clients. Proactive in approach, and with a genuine understanding of the visual medium, the role is very ‘hands-on’ and often busy.
- Support the development of concepts for print and interactive advertising, collateral, sales promotion and other communications needs.
- Lead the development and execution of creative concepts and style guides.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure the usefulness, usability, consistency, brand relevance, and functionality of the finished product.
- Adhere to schedules and budgets.
The Junior Art Director needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities including:
- An understanding of creative design and layout
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat
- Knowledge of Figma for website design/development
- The ability to build creative and unique ideas
- The confidence to communicate your ideas and sell them to peers
- The flexibility to adapt your ideas to suit client expectations
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- An awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- An innovative approach to the ways in which advertising is executed
- A minimum of an Associate (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 0-2 years design experience
- Must possess exceptional computer skills. MAC operating platform a must. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required, Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat, Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- A track record of inventive and compelling design work.