The Website Art Director is responsible for creating visual concepts in response to clients’ briefs and relaying them to the Creative Director. Responsible for utilizing the latest web development standards to create projects that function across a wide variety of platforms and browsers. This work involves all media platforms, including:
- Digital communications, websites, mobile apps and emails
- Marketing materials
- Press and print advertising
- Animation and video
- Logos and branding
The Website Art Director needs to be a natural visual thinker, ready to expand on their skills and learn from senior art directors, in order to flourish. Often working with a copywriter to develop ideas and concepts, the job demands the confidence to creatively assert ideas and the passion to sell ideas to peers and clients. Proactive in approach, and with a genuine understanding of the visual medium, the role is very ‘hands-on’ and often busy.
- Support the development of concepts for print and interactive advertising, collateral, sales promotion and other communications needs.
- Lead the development and execution of creative concepts and style guides.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure the usefulness, usability, consistency, brand relevance, and functionality of the finished product.
- Adhere to schedules and budgets.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML/AJAX design principles and standards in addition to the ability to design in content management systems
The Art Director needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities including:
- An understanding of creative design and layout
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat
- Knowledge of Figma for website design/development
- The ability to build creative and unique ideas
- The confidence to communicate your ideas and sell them to peers
- The flexibility to adapt your ideas to suit client expectations
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- An awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- An innovative approach to the ways in which advertising is executed
- A minimum of an Associate (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 1-2+ years design experience in an agency setting is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 6–8 years of related experience in an agency setting is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional computer skills. MAC operating platform a must. PC knowledge a plus. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required, Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- A track record of inventive and compelling design work.