The Junior Website Art Director works with the Senior Art Director for website design and is responsible for translating the overall business objective into a visual solution. The art director works closely with the creative team to figure out the best way to communicate the site's strategic goals and brand message in an online environment.
The Junior Website Art Director needs to be a natural visual thinker, ready to expand on their skills and learn from senior art directors, in order to flourish. Often working with a copywriter to develop ideas and concepts, the job demands the confidence to creatively assert ideas and the passion to sell ideas to peers and clients. Proactive in approach, and with a genuine understanding of the visual medium, the role is very ‘hands-on’ and often busy.
- Lead the development and execution of design styles, page layouts, wireframing, image selection, graphic/icon design for website design
- Support the development of concepts for print and interactive advertising, collateral, sales promotion and other communications needs.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to ensure the usefulness, usability, consistency, brand relevance, and functionality of the finished product.
- Adhere to schedules and budgets.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML/AJAX design principles and standards in addition to the ability to design in content management systems
- Create basic layouts for projects that are complementary to tone/style of other project assets, while adhering to the brand design direction
- Enforce our corporate brand identity from a design perspective.
- Executional design work: implementing changes from markups, following manuscript direction to flow copy into existing design templates.
- Confidently answer creative questions from internal or external team members.
- Package design files appropriately for handoff to our team and clients.
- An understanding of creative design and layout
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat
- Knowledge of Figma or Sketch for website design/development is a requirement
- The confidence to communicate your ideas and sell them to peers
- The flexibility to adapt your ideas to suit client expectations
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- A minimum of an Associate (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 1-2+ years design experience in an agency setting is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 3–4 years of related experience in an agency setting is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional computer skills. MAC operating platform a must. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required, Adobe Cloud Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- A track record of inventive and compelling design work.